Very, very few people understand what ROMANS 2:11 really says, and even fewer believe it. ROMANS 2:11 reveals that BOTH THE JEWS AND THE GENTILES WILL BE JUDGED ACCORDING TO THE SAME STANDARD, which is the Mosaic law plus its NT magnified laws. ROMANS 2:1,5,10,11-13: “…… when you judge others and then do the same things which they do, you condemn yourself. …… 5 …… so you are making your own punishment even greater on the Day when God’s …… judgments will be revealed. …… 10 But God will give glory, honor …… to all who do what is good, to the Jews FIRST and also to the Gentiles. 11 FOR GOD JUDGES EVERYONE BY THE SAME STANDARD. 12 THE GENTILES DO NOT HAVE THE LAW OF MOSES; THEY SIN AND ARE LOST …… . THE JEWS HAVE THE LAW; THEY SIN AND ARE JUDGED BY THE LAW. 13 …… PEOPLE ARE PUT RIGHT WITH GOD …… BY DOING WHAT THE LAW COMMANDS.” (Good News Translation) The statement above that the Gentiles SIN reveals that they are REQUIRED to obey the law to be sinless since 1 John 3:4 defines sin as breaking the law. The following verses are among many that tell Christians to keep obeying the law: (Magnification of 115 to 140% may be best for viewing.)
1) 1 John 3:4: “…… SIN IS THE VIOLATION OF THE LAW“
2) Romans 2:13: “For not the hearers of the LAW are just in the sight of God, but the DOERS of the LAW will be justified.”
3) Romans 6:1,2: “…… Shall we continue in SIN that grace may abound? 2 CERTAINLY NOT! How shall we …… live any longer in it?”
Romans 6:1,2: “What shall we say then? Shall we keep on doing WRONG THINGS so that God will be more kind to us? 2 NO, SURELY NOT! We died to our WRONG WAYS and no longer live in them.” (Worldwide English [New Testament])
Romans 6:1,2: “So what do we do? Keep on SINNING so God can keep on forgiving? I SHOULD HOPE NOT! 2 If we’ve left the country where SIN is sovereign, how can we still live in our old house there? Or didn’t you realize we packed up and left there for good? (The Message) The word “SIN” appears in this and other verses, so remember, according to 1 John 3:4 above, it means ONLY one thing, BREAKING either the food, festival, tithing, Saturday rest, or some other OT or NT law or a combination of those laws.
4) Romans 6:15: “…… Shall we SIN because we are not under LAW but under grace? CERTAINLY NOT!“
5) Romans 3:31: “Well then, if we are saved by faith, does this mean that we no longer need to OBEY God’s LAW? JUST THE OPPOSITE! In fact, only when we trust Jesus can we truly OBEY Him.” (The Living Bible)
Romans 3:31: “Are we abolishing Moses’ Teachings by this faith? THAT’S UNTHINKABLE! Rather, we are SUPPORTING Moses’ teachings.” (God’s Word Translation)
6) Romans 6:16: “Do you not know that …… you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether of SIN LEADING TO DEATH, or of OBEDIENCE leading to RIGHTEOUSNESS?” Romans 6:18: “And having been set free from SIN, YOU BECAME SLAVES OF RIGHTEOUSNESS.” (Set free from the PENALTY OR WAGES OF OUR PAST SINS, WHICH IS ETERNAL DEATH, according to Romans 6:23. Jesus’ sacrificial death paid the penalty for our PAST SINS that we have repented of (not future, UNREPENTED OF SINS), releasing us from them [Colossians 2:14]). 7) Romans 6:19: “…… For just as you presented your members as slaves of UNCLEANNESS, and of LAWLESSNESS leading to more lawlessness, SO NOW PRESENT YOUR MEMBERS AS SLAVES OF RIGHTEOUSNESS FOR HOLINESS.” The Greek definition of UNCLEANNESS includes the Levitically “unclean” or forbidden foods. The Greek definition of LAWLESSNESS refers primarily to breaking the Old Testament, Mosaic LAWS. The word “righteousness” in these Roman verses usually refers to the Jewish LAW keeping type of righteousness. So according to the green, capitalized phrase above, Paul clearly commands us to start or to continue obeying the LAW.
8) Matthew 19:17: “….. BUT IF you want to enter into life, KEEP the commandments.” 9) Revelation 22:14: “Blessed are those who DO His commandments, that they may HAVE THE RIGHT to the tree of life ……” Remember, the Ten Commandments contain the one requiring rest on Saturday, not Sunday, which was started by the Catholics.
10) JUDE 1:4: “…… (impious, PROFANE) persons …… PERVERT THE GRACE …… of our God into LAWLESSNESS ……” (The Amplified Bible)
11) Matthew 7:23: “And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; DEPART from Me, you who practice LAWLESSNESS.” 12) Matthew 13:41,42: “…… His angels …… will gather …… those who practice LAWLESSNESS 42 and will cast them into the FURNACE OF FIRE ……”
What are the laws that Christians no longer need to obey? How about the 1) SACRIFICE, 2) CIRCUMCISION, 3) LEVITICAL PRIESTHOOD, AND 4) THE AUTOMATIC DEATH PENALTY (Romans 8:2) FOR SINNING laws that the Apostles “went out of their way” to specifically name and carefully explain as now abolished? Doesn’t that seem logical? Answer: “Yes, definitely, of course.” However, the Apostles NEVER DID single out the food, festival, tithing, and Saturday rest laws as annulled. In fact, they did just the opposite by always referring to those laws in a positive way. You ask, “What about all those verses that traditional Christianity claims abolish the dietary, festival, and other Old Testament laws?” Answer: “THIS SITE DISMANTLES THOSE VERSES to show that THEY DO NOT REALLY CLEARLY PROVE, BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT (and there are “tons” of quite reasonable doubt), THAT THOSE LAWS HAVE BEEN ABOLISHED.”
MATTHEW 5:17: “DO NOT THINK THAT I CAME TO DESTROY THE LAW OR THE PROPHETS. I DID NOT COME TO DESTROY BUT TO FULFILL.” THE GREEK FOR FULFILL MEANS TO MORE FULLY FILL UP THE LAW, NOT TO SUBSTITUTE THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF JESUS
TWO LITTLE KNOWN, LITTLE PUBLICIZED FACTS:
1) Not just a few, but MOST English translations of the Bible are TAINTED (RUINED is probably a better word) with a VERY MISLEADING, ANTI-OLD TESTAMENT, PERSONAL OPINION INSERTED BY TRANSLATORS AFTER THE ORIGINAL GREEK AT THE END OF MARK 7:19, which tries to make you think that the food laws have been abolished. According to the literal Greek the subject of Mark 7:19 really is DIRTY, UNWASHED HANDS, NOT forbidden food. Just that one statement alone by the translator automatically reveals his true attitude towards OT law keeping, which he will try to subtly express throughout the entire NT, seizing the opportunity wherever he can to take advantage of seemingly vague or ambiguous law keeping verses to assert his own theology. Christians of the caliber of law keeping Paul would probably mobilize to unleash the “hounds from Hell“ to expose this destructive, heretical translation atrocity, the unsolicited insertion of personal opinions directly into the Holy Scriptures. Read the page EXAMPLES OF TRANSLATORS’ BIAS AGAINST OT LAWS to see what most of them have been able to get away with, which is tampering with divine instructions for salvation, and become aware of 6 good reasons why NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in the entire chapter of Mark 7 actually refers to the protective, Mosaic dietary restrictions. That unjustified, prejudiced addition plus the widespread, DELIBERATE SLANTING of the literal translation of certain other usually overly concise, over generalized, controversial law verses (Acts 15:24, Ephesians 2:15, Hebrews 7:18, Mark 7:19, etc.) away from all OT law keeping is a major, if not THE MAJOR REASON why mainstream Christianity has sinfully abandoned observing many still valid Mosaic laws. The words in that remark at the end of Mark 7:19 are NOT the original words of Jesus or of any Apostle. The magnitude of this ABOMINABLE, HIGHLY BLASTPHEMOUS TRANSLATION ATROCITY is so immense that words cannot adequately describe it except possibly one: Satanic. Apparently that old, lying “Serpent” has again successfully slithered his way into much of what we trust the most. NO VERSE, NOT EVEN ROMANS 6:14: “…… you are not under the law but under GRACE,” clearly, beyond reasonable doubt, proves that the dietary, tithing, festival, Saturday Sabbath rest, and certain other OT laws really have been annulled. Romans 6:14 is correctly explained in the eighth paragraph below.
2) “DESTITUTE OF THE MOSAIC LAW …… TO SIN IN IGNORANCE OF THE MOSAIC LAW” IS THE REAL GREEK DEFINITION OF LAWLESSNESS (ANOMIA) IN MATTHEW 7:23: “…… I never knew you, depart from Me, you who practice LAWLESSNESS.” MERELY SPEAKING OF HOLY OLD TESTAMENT LAWS IN A CONTEMPTUOUS MANNER, ALSO, SEEMS TO BE AN EXTREMELY SERIOUS, SEPARATE SIN IN ITSELF!! This same relatively rare anomia word also appears in the terrifying MATTHEW 13:41,42 “furnace of fire” verses, and it really does refer to Old Testament laws such as the remaining festival, food, tithing, and Saturday rest laws that NEVER WERE singled out by the Apostles as abolished. They “went out of their way” to clearly, by name, itemize the sacrifice, circumcision, Levitical priesthood, and automatic death penalty laws as abolished, BUT NOT OTHER MAJOR OT LAWS!! Read THE REAL, LITERAL DEFINITION OF LAWLESSNESS page to see with your own eyes Thayer’s formal definition of lawlessness (anomia) which shows that the literal Greek DOES refer mostly to the Mosaic laws. Joseph H. Thayer was one of the world’s top experts on Greek word definitions.
FLAGRANTLY VIOLATING UNIVERSAL COMMON SENSE, MAINSTREAMERS AMAZINGLY THINK ABSOLUTELY NOTHING OF DELIBERATELY PICKING AND CHOOSING WHICH BIBLICAL VERSES, AND EVEN PARTS OF VERSES, THEY WANT TO BELIEVE!!
Did you know that Paul, who was NOT born a Jew, FULLY OBEYED all the Mosaic laws and told his followers to imitate his lifestyle? He apparently taught them, however, that they no longer needed to obey the now abolished sacrifice, circumcision, and Levitical priesthood laws.
The vast majority of material in this site has been taken directly from the teachings of the following slowly growing, like minded churches that are not afraid to believe in a more literal, more obvious interpretation of the New Testament: the Church of God, a Worldwide Association, the United Church of God, an International Association, and the Living Church of God. The 2017 membership of these churches, combined with about a dozen other very similar splinter groups is close to 50,000 worldwide, which could be described as a “little flock,” a term Jesus used for the New Testament church.
ISAIAH 66:17: “…… SOME OF YOU …… EAT THE MEAT OF PIGS …… BUT I, THE LORD, WILL DESTROY YOU (WILL BE BURNED ALIVE) FOR THIS.” This almost bone chilling, terrifying verse in this page’s title is from the Contemporary English Version, parenthesized words added. Paul’s warning in 2 Corinthians 6:17 to NOT EVEN TOUCH what is UNCLEAN, are not just idle words. If you cannot even touch the unclean then you obviously cannot, by implication, eat what is unclean. The Greek for “unclean” definitely includes the Levitically unclean meats. Since the context of Isaiah 66:17 involves a time after the coming 1,000 year Christian Millennium when all the big cats will be eating only grass (maybe a good time to buy a full grown pet jaguar to play with Fido, Isaiah 65:25), mainstream Christians have a hard time explaining away Isaiah 66:17, which will not go away by itself, so they often conveniently ignore it just like they ignore dozens of other “plain as day” law keeping verses. In the New Testament any positive reference to the continued practice of the Apostle itemized and clearly named, now abolished Old Testament sacrifices, Levitical priesthood, or circumcision is CONSPICUOUSLY ABSENT, especially in the age after a new earth and new heavens were created, but pork consumption in that future age is ominously quite clearly mentioned, indicating the dietary laws never were really abolished. A significant number of POSITIVE (not negative) references in the New Testament to the continued observance of the Saturday Sabbath, dietary, tithing, and festival laws even before a new earth and new heavens are created, however, does appear throughout the New Testament, providing additional evidence that those laws are still valid. Each one of the following NT verses refers either to the Saturday Sabbath, dietary, tithing, or festival laws. The context in which those verses appear indicate that those laws are still very much in force: Matthew 19:17, 23:23, 24:30, Mark 2:7, 5:2-17, Luke 4:16, 11:42, 18:12, John 14:15, 14:21, 15:10, Acts 10:14, 18:21, 20:6, 27:9, 1 Corinthians 5:8, 7:19, 2 Corinthians 6:17, Colossians 2:16,17, Hebrews 4:9, 1 John 2:3,4, 3:22,24, 5:2,3, and Revelation 12:17, 14:12.
Mainstreamers, determined to evade obeying some of God’s laws which they sneeringly label as “Jewish,” often seem to take great delight in focusing on and twisting 180 degrees out of context just one or two words in “controversial” law keeping verses, such as Romans 6:14, Ephesians 2:15, Matthew 5:17, Hebrews 7:12, Acts 15:24, etc. hiding behind them to try to prove that the food and festival laws have been annulled.
If you think the traditional Christian teaching that all Old Testament laws have been abolished is right, then read 7 VERSES MAINSTREAMERS CLAIM ABOLISH THE FOOD LAWS to get a “taste” of and see with your own eyes just how deceptive, shallow, and out of context mainstream Christians can interpret some Biblical verses. So how can you really trust mainstreamers’ incessantly rabid assertion that all OT laws not clearly and specifically listed in the New Testament, especially the food and festival laws, have been annulled? Before you read any further, though, if you still have even the slightest doubts about the Bible’s truthfulness and accuracy, please read the page REMINDER ABOUT THE STUNNING SIGNIFICANCE OF HUNDREDS OF FULFILLED PROPHECIES AND THE CONSTANTLY INCREASING EVIDENCE SUPPORTING CREATION SCIENCE.
“…… YOU ARE NOT UNDER (hupo) THE LAW BUT UNDER (hupo) GRACE” states Romans 6:14. This O-B-V-I-O-U-S-L-Y is a HIGHLY CONDENSED, HIGHLY CONDITIONAL, and therefore QUITE INCOMPLETE verse for a number of reasons, one of which is because GRACE is mentioned, which REQUIRES the Holy Spirit which in turn REQUIRES LAW KEEPING JUST TO ACQUIRE THE HOLY SPIRIT IN THE FIRST PLACE (Acts 2:38)!! It is the SECOND HALF of the law, the P-E-N-A-L-T-Y part, primarily the potentially eternal death penalty part of OT law that true Christians are no longer under (Romans 8:2: “…… Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death”), as well as the sacrifice, circumcision, and Levitical priesthood laws specifically itemized by the Apostles as now abolished. The very next verse, Romans 6:15, however, shows that the FIRST HALF of the law, the O-B-E-D-I-E-N-C-E part, must still be obeyed. Romans 6:15: “What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? Certainly not!” 1 John 3:4: “Sin is the violation of the torah.” (ExeGeses Companion Bible) Acts 2:38 commands us to stop sinning and be baptized for our sins to be forgiven, then we will receive the Holy Spirit. Stop sinning means to stop breaking Bible laws, and the ONLY WAY to do that is by OBEYING those laws. So acquisition of the Holy Spirit REQUIRES obedience to the law. MATTHEW 19:17 and REVELATION 22:14 are additional evidence as solid as you can get that Romans 6:14 is very generalized and definitely not absolute, which reveal that obeying the laws in the 10 Commandments (which contain the OT Friday sunset to Saturday sunset Sabbath rest law) is still a non-negotiable requirement to enter God’s kingdom. Matthew 19:17: “….. BUT IF you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.” Revelation 22:14: “Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may HAVE THE RIGHT to the tree of life ……” So those and many other NT verses prove that Christians still need to observe the obedience part of some OT laws which are not necessarily itemized in the NT. Evidence that Romans 6:14 is conditional lies in 1) GALATIANS 5:18 which reveals that the ONLY people not “under” the law are Christians who HAVE the Holy Spirit, and are led by it and 2) ACTS 2:38 which in turn reveals that acquiring the Holy Spirit in the first place is HIGHLY CONDITIONAL on LAW KEEPING because Christians must SINCERELY REPENT (repent of sinning) to receive the Holy Spirit, which means they must STOP sinning, defined Biblically as breaking primarily Old Testament laws. The O-N-L-Y way to stop breaking those laws is to OBEY those laws!! This means, for example, that you still CANNOT eat raw oysters which are usually infested with vibrio vulnificus (flesh eating) bacteria, or the most carcinogenic, INTRAcellularly fat saturated, commonly eaten meat on planet Earth, pork, or a strongly suspected Ebola vector, monkey meat (just handling a pre-cooked monkey can give you the Ebola virus). You CANNOT EVEN TOUCH those and other sometimes dangerous foods according to 2 Corinthians 6:17, forbidden foods which can cause serious illness, disability, or even death. Matthew 23:23 and Luke 11:42 remind us that the OT tithing laws must also still be obeyed. A recent large survey of 4,413 tithers nation wide revealed that tithers are generally RICHER, not poorer, than non-tithers according to STATEofthePLATE.info/index.htm, indicating a supernatural, modern day cause and effect relationship between tithing and above average prosperity. Romans 3:25 shows that grace allows ONLY pre-conversion sins to be forgiven, not continuous, deliberate, post baptismal sins. According to usage in the King James Version the Greek word hupo usually translated ‘under” in Romans 6:14 could just as easily be translated as “You are not AMONG, BY, FROM, IN, OF, or WITH the law ……,” especially FROM or OF, which are more appropriate, slightly less contradictory translations than UNDER because the context of Romans 6:14 and 15 STRONGLY SUPPORTS continued law keeping. Holy Spirit led Christians, a special class of Christians, for at least 2 reasons did not originate wholly or completely “BY” or “FROM” or “IN” or “OF” or “WITH” the law because 1) there is nothing in Old Testament law about the Holy Spirit, and 2) MOST IMPORTANTLY, BY FAR, THEY ARE NO LONGER “UNDER” OR SUBJECT TO THE AUTOMATIC OR POTENTIALLY ETERNAL DEATH PENALTY FOR SINNING LAW according to Romans 8:2, which is a major, major OT law or principle. Also, mainstreamers seem to be willingly oblivious to the deeper meaning of the Greek preposition hupo, Strong’s 5259, further defined by Strong, Thayer, and others as “spec. COVERTLY or MODERATELY,” implying that the various possible definitions/translations of hupo are not always 100% absolute with no exceptions. In other words, Romans 6:14 could be more plainly translated “…… YOU ARE MODERATELY NOT UNDER (or AMONG, BY, FROM, IN, OF or WITH) THE LAW ……” which would conform to the strong law keeping support shown in Romans 6:14 and 15. Therefore Romans 6:14 is not really contradictory at all. Since most Bible translators are personally biased against OT law keeping, it appears that they gleefully leaped at the opportunity to translate hupo as “under” in Romans 6:14, which is THE TRANSLATION THAT CONTRADICTS THE PRO-LAW KEEPING CONTEXT THE MOST, of all the possible translations, which is sometimes a legitimate translation of hupo in over 208 other verses, DEPENDING ON THE CONTEXT. Some translations do use “of” or “by” instead of “under” in Romans 6:14.
ROMANS 6:14 is QUALIFIED by GALATIANS 5:18 which says “BUT IF YOU ARE LED BY THE SPIRIT, YOU ARE NOT UNDER THE LAW.” YOU MUST BE TRULY SORRY FOR SINNING IN THE PAST AND AGREE TO NOW OBEY THE LAW (THE REMAINING PARTS OF THE LAW) TO ACQUIRE THE ESSENTIAL, GUIDING HOLY SPIRIT according to ACTS 2:38 and ACTS 5:32 below.
ACTS 2:38: “Peter replied, ‘All of you MUST TURN AWAY FROM YOUR SINS and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then your sins will be forgiven. You will receive the gift of the the HOLY SPIRIT.” (New International Reader’s Version) The Greek for “SINS” refers to anomia, defined as breaking mostly OT laws. “Turn away from your sins” means EXACTLY the same as STOP BREAKING BIBLICAL LAWS. The O-N-L-Y way to show evidence of sincere repentance for sinning is to stop breaking Biblical laws, by OBEYING Biblical laws. For those who mistakenly believe that all the OT laws have been abolished, why does Acts 2:38 require us to stop breaking OT laws if those laws have been abolished? Obvious conclusion: Many of those laws never were abolished!!
ACTS 5:32: “…… The HOLY SPIRIT, which God gave to those who OBEY Him ……” (New Simplified Bible)
1 JOHN 3:4: “…… SIN IS the VIOLATION of the TORAH.” (exeGeses Companion Bible)
1 JOHN 3:4: “…… SIN hamartia 266 IS esti 2076 LAWLESSNESS anomia 458.” (The Interlinear Bible Hebrew Greek English) The Biblical definition of sin as “spelled out” in 1 John 3:4 involves violating primarily the OT law according to the definition of anomia.
LAWS CONSIST OF 1) THE LAWS THEMSELVES (OBEDIENCE) PLUS 2) THE PENALTIES FOR DISOBEDIENCE, AND SINCE LAW OBEDIENCE IS REQUIRED BY ACTS 2:38 and 5:32 TO RECEIVE THE SALVATION REQUIRED HOLY SPIRIT, THE REMAINING PART OF THE LAW LEFT TO NOT BE UNDER IS 2) THE PENALTY FOR DISOBEDIENCE (DEATH), WHICH IS THE PART (LAW OBEYING) CHRISTIANS ARE NO LONGER UNDER (the part of the law Romans 6:14 says we are not under), explained by ROMANS 8:2: “…… Jesus has made me FREE FROM THE LAW OF SIN AND DEATH.” Christians are no longer under the law of sin and death, or the penalty of sin, which is automatic death. TURNED AROUND, GALATIANS 5:18 SHOWS THAT ALL CHRISTIANS (AND ALL NON-CHRISTIANS) NOT LED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT (or primarily those who do not even have the Holy Spirit because they never sincerely repented of sinning) ARE STILL UNDER THE LAW, PROVING THAT SOME OT LAWS NEVER WERE ABOLISHED. Romans 8:2 cannot really say that we are not under the obedience part of the law because that would mean that we can now break OT laws prohibiting bestiality, the removal of property landmarks, the prosecution of a son for a crime committed by his father, etc., which of course is ridiculous, violating all common sense, all standards of decency, and all reasonable logic. It says we are no longer under the more specific law of sin and death. Jesus’ death paid the penalty for disobedience, but He paid it only for law obeying Christians.
The Biblical definition of GRACE is defined as follows: ROMANS 3:24,25: “…… GRACE, through …… Jesus: …… 25 in His pity God let the SINS OF EARLIER TIMES GO UNPUNISHED” (Bible in Basic English). The words “SINS OF EARLIER TIMES” mean “past sins,” and past sins only, not future or post baptismal, un-repented of sins. Grace is not an unlimited license to sin after initial repentance of sinning, defined as breaking Biblical laws. TO REMAIN UNDER GRACE, WHICH IS A TYPE OF PARDON FOR PAST SINS, YOU MUST STOP SINNING SINCE GRACE COVERS ONLY PAST, PRE-BAPTISMAL SINS REPENTED OF AND FUTURE SINS COMMITTED ACCIDENTALLY OR THROUGH EXTREME TEMPTATION OR CARELESSNESS, IF SINCERELY REPENTED OF. A state governor, for example, usually will not pardon and free an imprisoned, unrepentant murderer who openly admits that he cannot guarantee that he will not murder again.
Did you know that the food laws PREDATE (Genesis 7:2,8, 8:20) the codification of the Mosaic law (therefore making the later supposed abolishment of the Mosaic food laws irrelevant and not even applicable, if they really were abolished)? Since Paul warned us to NOT EVEN TOUCH the Levitically unclean (and by obvious implication not eat it [2 Corinthians 6:17]), and since futuristic Revelation 18:2 CONFIRMS the continued existence of unclean (forbidden to eat) animals, and since Isaiah 66:23 reveals that all Christians will EVENTUALLY WORSHIP THE LORD ON SATURDAYS proving ANOTHER MOSAIC LAW (the Sabbath rest law) never was abolished, you cannot really say beyond reasonable doubt that the protective dietary restrictions have been annulled. There simply is too much evidence to ignore supporting the continued observance of the food laws.
We are COMMANDED to obey the Ten Commandments (13 times) and the tithing laws (Matthew 23:23, Luke 11:42) in the NT. Are those laws, which contain the Saturday rest and tithing laws, part of the original OT laws? Yes, obviously!! That is unchallengeable proof that HIGHLY QUALIFIED, CONCISE verses saying basically that we “are no longer under the law” CANNOT POSSIBLY be saying ABSOLUTELY that we no longer need to obey ANY of the OT laws. Some OT laws command us to not remove property landmarks and to not be a member of a vandalizing mob, common sense laws which even most pagan societies in the most remote areas of Africa obey. So are you REALLY going to STILL try to use Romans 6:14 and similar verses (“dead to the law,” “delivered from the law,” etc.) to claim that the observance of THOSE 2 good laws, which are not mentioned in the NT, has been abolished, too? Just try to keep steadily breaking those laws and you probably will fairly quickly end up in jail, seriously wounded, or dead, learning the hard way that the continued, strict observance of those particular OT laws, and by implication the rest of the still applicable OT laws, HAS NOT BEEN ABOLISHED.
Some OT laws have been abolished, such as the sacrifice, circumcision, and Levitical priesthood laws which are CLEARLY IDENTIFIED BY NAME AND DISCUSSED in the NT. NO SUCH SPECIFIC DISCUSSIONS, keiner, nessuno, none at all, though, about changes in the dietary laws (or tithing, festival, or Saturday rest laws, either) are found anywhere in the NT. Among dozens of law commanding NT verses there are some verses, though few, that do give additional, specific support for continuing to obey the food laws such as Acts 10:14 (the custom of Peter was to NEVER eat forbidden food which is a very strong indicator that the rest of the like minded Apostles also NEVER ate forbidden food), 2 Corinthians 6:17 (nothing UNCLEAN [the Greek word can refer to the Levitically unclean meats] was to be EVEN TOUCHED, much less eaten by implication) and Revelation 18:2 (the fact that UNCLEAN birds still existed showed that unclean, forbidden to eat animals were still around). The fact that those three verses do exist at all adds TREMENDOUS support to the idea that the dietary laws are still in force. The mere existence of even just one verse (Corinthians 5:8) supporting the continued observance of the OT festivals also adds GREATLY to the understanding that festival observance is still very much in force. Another insurmountable problem you will have trouble explaining away is the context of Isaiah’s verse 17 above. The time frame of Isaiah 66:17 refers to the distant future after a “new earth” has been created, a time that has not yet arrived. The Lord will finally run out of patience and destroy those who still insist with deliberate rebelliousness on eating the forbidden foods in a future age occurring after the coming Christian millennium (Revelation 20:1-7) when tigers, leopards, and all the other big cats will be eating grass, not meat (Isaiah 65:25). There is a conspicuous absence of prophecies telling us that currently abolished circumcision, for example, or the currently abolished, Levitical Priesthood will continue on in the distant future when a “new earth” will have been created, which helps add to the validity of Isaiah 66:17. Those Isaiah verses re-assert the need to, even in the future, continue avoiding eating the “unclean” meats. Paul, a Benjamite, was not a Jew, but he diligently observed the Mosaic HOLY DAYS (festivals) and Saturday Sabbath according to Acts 18:21, 20:6, 27:9, 1 Corinthians 5:8 and other verses.
JOHN 4:22: “…… salvation is FROM THE JEWS [i.e., through Jewish prophets, Jewish Scriptures and a Jewish Messiah].” (An Understandable Version) Since the previously unwritten Saturday Sabbath, forbidden food, and tithing laws, just to name a few, PREDATE the “law” formally established at Mount Sinai, there is no clear Scriptural evidence to prove that anomia does not include certain OT laws such as the dietary, tithing, Saturday Sabbath, and other laws that Jesus strongly supported. Genesis 14:18-20, 28:22, Exodus 16:23-30, and Genesis 7:2,8, 8:20 show that tithing, Saturday rest, and dietary restrictions were in FULL FORCE before the “law” was later codified. Even someone you want to become “yoked with” (married to) MUST obey the law according to 2 Corinthians 6:14 where anomia also appears.
1) Yes, some verses put law keeping in its proper perspective, explaining that it is really grace that saves us, not law keeping. Those merely ABSTRACT, INTELLECTUAL OBSERVATIONS, though, do not specifically, clearly state that law keeping really can be abandoned. To illustrate, it is really a bullet that kills a person, not the gun or murderer pulling the trigger. But the killing bullet REQUIRES a gun plus a human to aim and pull the trigger. Likewise grace requires law keeping for grace to exist.
2) Yes, some verses are very broad generalizations saying essentially say that love fulfills the law. Again, such verses are merely abstract, intellectual observations that do not clearly, specifically state that law keeping can be abandoned. The Greek for “fulfills” in those verses also merely means to complete or make more perfect, NOT to replace or substitute.
3) Yes, some claim that since Christians have been “born again,” they can no longer lose their salvation through sin. No human, except Jesus, has ever been “born again,” though, because this involves being born into a literally immortal, non-physical, non-flesh, spirit body that could not possibly consist of flesh and blood according to John 3:3-8,13. When was the last time you saw a “born again” Christian BECOME INVISIBLE AT WILL, LIKE THE WIND, as Jesus clearly described such Christians? “Born again” Christians also ignore 1 Corinthians 9:27 which reveals that Paul himself admits that he could lose his salvation if he does not continue to reasonably discipline himself to avoid sin.
4) And yes, some verses do criticize OT law keeping (when ONLY law keeping is used to acquire salvation) by some people, including especially “hard core,” stubborn Jews, who INSIST on using ONLY law keeping to save them from their sins. These people REFUSE to accept grace and the atoning, sacrificial death of Jesus to cover their sins. Galatians 3:10,11,13, 4:21, 5:1-4, and Romans 3:28 are some examples of those kinds of verses. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WITH MATTHEW 5:20, 7:23, 13:41,42, 24:12, ROMANS 2:13, 3:31, 6:1,2,15 AND OVER 95 OTHER PRO-LAW KEEPING NT VERSES, REGARD THEM AS OUTRIGHT, DELIBERATE LIES FROM GOD ALMIGHTY HIMSELF, WHO DOES NOT LIE? NO, OF COURSE NOT! Merely not explicitly itemizing in the NT all still applicable OT laws is not sufficient, conclusive proof, beyond reasonable doubt, that those laws have been done away with. When the NT was being written, the Apostles knew that Christians were able to read about those laws in the OT, and to record all of them again in the NT probably would have been considered unnecessarily redundant.
Romans 3:19: “…… whatever the law says, it says to those who ARE under the law,” again revealing the law never was really annulled. Verse 23: “…… for ALL have sinned ……” indicates that the law applies to everybody, not just to the Jews.
HEBREWS 10:16: “This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the Lord: I will put my LAWS into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them.” The Greek for “LAWS” in the above verse is nomos, 3551, which refers primarily to the MOSAIC LAWS.
1 CORINTHIANS 9:27: “But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become DISQUALIFIED.” Paul admits he himself could fail to be saved! The Greek word for “DISQUALIFIED” is adokimos, Strong’s 96, defined as unapproved, rejected, worthless, castaway, and reprobate. 2 Corinthians 13:5: “….. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you are DISQUALIFIED.” The very same Greek word adokimos also appears in 2 Corinthians 13:5 as the original Greek word for “DISQUALIFIED,” very strongly implying that Paul in 1 Corinthians 9:27 was admitting that he could lose his salvation by no longer having “Jesus in him” if his sins were serious and prolonged enough to “disqualify” him. Titus 1:16: “They profess to know God, but in works they deny Him, being abominable, disobedient, and DISQUALIFIED for every good work.” Adokimos in verse 16 again appears in the Greek for the word “DISQUALIFIED.” Therefore deliberate, sustained failure to obey NT as well as OT laws can still cost Christians their salvation. Concerning sins committed after our repentance and baptism, however, Jesus is also our “mediator.” 1 John 2:1 reveals that when we sin, we can further repent and confess our sins in prayer, and Jesus can then plead our case with God the Father.
2 Thessalonians 1:7-9: “THE LORD JESUS …… WITH HIS MIGHTY ANGELS, 8 IN FLAMING FIRE TAKING VENGEANCE ON THEM THAT …… OBEY NOT THE GOSPEL (which includes every single teaching of Jesus) OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST: 9 WHO SHALL BE PUNISHED WITH EVERLASTING DESTRUCTION ……” (King James Version, parenthesized words added) This purging of evil will occur AFTER the second resurrection.
ROMANS 1:5: “Through Him we have received grace and apostleship for OBEDIENCE to the faith ……”
Hebrews 5:9: “…… He became the author of eternal salvation to all who OBEY Him.”
Although this website may be under the protection of certain copyright laws, feel free to liberally reproduce or quote anything on this site, preferably acknowledging GracePlusLawKeepingSave.Us as the source. DO A LITTLE EASY PREACHING. Remember, if you’re not ACTIVELY helping Jesus “to gather others,” then you are actually WORKING AGAINST HIM helping “to scatter others.” (Matthew 12:30, King James Version) Do not hesitate to send any comments, questions, or suggestions to me, Charles Erickson, at P. O. Box 481, Smithville, Texas 78957.
Scripture taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991, 1992, 1995 by American Bible Society. Used by Permission.
Scripture taken from the Good News Translation-Second Edition, Copyright 1992 by American Bible Society. Used by Permission.
Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved. Unless indicated otherwise, all Biblical quotations are from the New King James Version.
Scripture taken from the Good News Translation in Today’s English Version- Second Edition Copyright © 1992 by American Bible Society. Used by Permission.
Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
[Scripture quotations are] from the Revised Standard Version of the Bible, copyright © 1946, 1952, and 1971 the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.